Monday, August 17, 2015

It's been a while....



Well, it's been a while since I've posted anything, hasn't it!!

And the end of chemo is nearly here. Incredible. Only one more session left....11 down, one more to go.

What has this journey been like? Well, I take a lot of naps in the afternoons. And I've been cranky sometimes. My stomach has cramped, my fingertips and toes are numb most of the time so I drop lots of things and knock things over. My eyelashes are mostly gone. But I do have a head full of hair. And I haven't been nauseated. Not even once!!

What else do I have to be thankful for? Oh my, how to list it all. One day as I was laying down for an afternoon nap, Matthew laid down beside me and sang me a lullaby. And Mark washes the dishes for me when he sees I'm really tired. And Madylanne plays with Micah when my energy runs low.

Church family and blood family have kept us stocked with meals, have stopped by to check on us, and have played with the kids.

And then there is Jesus. Yes, my loving Savior who has been through all this with me. My favorite part about chemo is the time it has allowed me to spend in the Word of God, and journaling. What a blessing that is. Thank You Jesus, for loving me and loving on me through Your Word.

Thank you for praying. This has been so much better than what I imagined when I first heard the word "chemo." I know it's because God has been answering the prayers you have been lifting up on my behalf. Thank you.

Having cancer or knowing someone personally who has cancer opens a whole new world. Thank you for what you have done for me or my family to help us through this. Now I pray that God will use this for His glory, and to help others going through similar experiences.

There sure are a lot of silver linings in this. Being the closest to my grandparent's that I have been since I was a child. Having Micah here in the States, in Kansas, for family to get to know him as an infant. A local swimming pool, splash park, library, park. Tball, softball, swimming lessons, mutton busting. Meals and time spent with parents, siblings, nieces and nephews. Fellowship with the body of Christ.

Things around us may have changed a lot. (Things have changed a lot since the last time we were in the States!) But one something has NOT changed in the least....the enduring love and salvation Jesus offers everyone. How grateful I am for Him and His unchanging nature. I can't imagine trying to make it through cancer without Jesus. I pray for those fighting cancer right now, facing death and wishing for life. Lord, may these people accept Your gift of love, forgiveness, and salvation. May they call You Friend. May You be their Good Shepherd, as You are mine.

I am the Good Shepherd. I know my own and my own know me....John 10:14


No comments:

Post a Comment